If you like blogs that post totally random articles with absolutely no regularity, then this is the blog for you. Or maybe not.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

MS 150 - Update

The MS 150 is in full swing now! First a special "thank you" to all those who have contributed donations to support me. I really appreciate it! To date, we've raised the required minimum donation of $250! It's official: I will be riding in the MS 150! So, thank you to all of you who have helped out. Without your generosity, I'd still be scrambling around trying to complete my entrance requirements. THANK YOU!

One last quick plug then I'll move on, I swear: If you'd still like to contribute (and again, whatever you want to do - nothing, something, anything - is cool with me) you can do so at:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=4002986&pg=personal&fr_id=2750

That's enough shilling for now.

So, here's some of the low-down about the MS 150: First, the official title is something like the MS Society City-To-Shore ride. Most people just call it the MS 150. The "150" comes from the fact that of the various distances you can sign up to ride, the longest is 150 miles - starting from Philadelphia to Ocean City, NJ and then back to Philly the next day.

I'm getting pretty excited about this ride. The farthest I've ever biked in one go was 65 miles, and then I rested for a couple days afterwards before I biked again. For this ride, I'll have to bike about 75 miles each day. I'm fairly confident that I'll be able to complete the entire ride, but I'm hoping that I can complete each 75 mile loop in less than 5 hours. That means I'll have to maintain an average speed of at least 15 mph for the entire ride. For me riding that distance, that's not going to be easy. So, that's the goal.

Aside from that, I'll try to get a bunch of photos of, before, and, if possible, during the ride and I'll post them here with a report on how things went.

Thanks for your support!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home