If you like blogs that post totally random articles with absolutely no regularity, then this is the blog for you. Or maybe not.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Game 1: I was never the man I once was

So, I've been playing on this indoor soccer team (the Nomads) for about the past two and a half years. And now that I have a new-fangled blog, I thought I'd waste my time and the time of anyone who cares to read it by reporting on the weekly matches..."and there was much rejoicing...yay"...

This past Tuesday evening was the first game of the new winter season. We played a new team comprised entirely of high school soccer players. To better appreciate this story, it's worth pointing out the fact that the average player's age on my team is probably about 30, an age far beyond any hope of being able to keep up with a squad of teenagers. Suffice to say, we got creamed. After 40 minutes of shear punishment, the Nomads walked off the field with a 0-10 beating. And sad to say, we actually played decently for us.

Fortunately, next week we'll play a team that's more in line with our age and experience, not to mention probably with similar healthcare coverage. If anything, we can at least take solace in the fact that our tax dollars probably aren't being used to subsidize their lunches.

I'll let you know how next Tuesday's game goes. Maybe we'll get lucky one of these days and we'll get to play a brownie troop or something. Then I think we might actually have a chance at winning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home